opinions on acdelco ball joints

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
shopping around i see acdelco doesn't make any gbody lower control arms so looking to go with allstar i think they're called that come with nothing except the stamping. best i can do is go with acdelo bushings, bolts and ball joints & have em pressed in to go with complete acdelco upper a arms. hows the quality of these cuz been seeing questionable quality with other brands. ACDelco Part # 45D2026

thanks

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I was looking at getting the All Stars and also considered some Moogs but ended up with tubular units that are currently backordered. By the time you purchase quality bare stampings and bushings you've invested a fair amount..

Reactions: 1 user

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I was looking at getting the All Stars and also considered some Moogs but ended up with tubular units that are currently backordered. By the time you purchase quality bare stampings and bushings you've invested a fair amount..
that is true. im shopping on amazon so ball joints are $25.00 each, reason staying away from the tubulars is all the extra greasing/ maintenance with the bushings. if could do the work myself that wouldnt be a issue.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
that is true. im shopping on amazon so ball joints are $25.00 each, reason staying away from the tubulars is all the extra greasing/ maintenance with the bushings. if could do the work myself that wouldnt be a issue.
I completely understand. In that case the All Stars or Moogs should be just what you're looking for after factory bushings are installed. If you get a raw lower arm it's a great time to go with a 0.5" taller BJ.

Taller, Pro Forged $60: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VQKZZA/?tag=gbody-20

Stock Height, Pro Forged $30: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VQL00E/?tag=gbody-20

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
AC/Delco balljoints tend to have smooth housings for good condition control arms. Most aftermarket balljoints like Moog have oversized splined housings for egged out control arms, you don't want to use that type in a new or good condition control arm.

Reactions: 1 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
AC/Delco balljoints tend to have smooth housings for good condition control arms. Most aftermarket balljoints like Moog have oversized splined housings for egged out control arms, you don't want to use that type in a new or good condition control arm.
yeah i was going with new all star lower control arms that are total bare.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Go next door to the 1999-2004 Chev/Sonoma S-10/S-15 page and check them out. The S-10 front suspension is about a dead nuts clone of the earlier G version. The lower control arms and ball joints ought to be pretty much what you might be looking for and twenty or so years younger.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor