Original Goodyear Eagle GT tires - (1986)

1988SS

Apprentice
May 9, 2020
I came into a set of rims and tires from a 16,000 mile 1986 Monte Carlo. I plan on putting the rims on my car, but obviously going to put new tires on them.

I have really no use for the tires. Is there any need or demand for these "old" original tires?

I plan on just having the tire store dispose of them. Feels a little funny just chunking them....they have really good tread and look nice...., but really don't want to mess with something that has little or no value.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Attachments

• 100_4522.JPG
    100_4522.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
You can always sell them. Some people use them on their "museum" cars. The tires SHOULDN'T be used on the highway. They're just way too old at nearly 40. Even if they were well taken care of.

I've already got a set of NOS Eagle GTs, but they're obviously for "museum use" only. I was thinking on using them on a set of NOS SSIIIs, and only put them on for show purposes.

Not sure yet.

If I didn't already have a few sets, I'd offer to buy them from you.

I don't think GT+4 Goodyears are being made aftermarket. I believe that's what came on your 88. Could be wrong.

Put them on ebay. You'll sell 'em. Advertise them for Camaro Z28, Monte SS, H/O, 442, GP 2+2, etc. Someone will buy them. Just make sure to state they should only be used for show purposes, etc. Just don't throw them away for free.

Reactions: 1 users
Bought the set because of the condition of the mags....super nice upgrade for my car.

Goodyear GT+4 is what came on my 1988. I believe the GT was used on 86-87 MCSS.

Definitely know that old tires should not be used. Just not sure what they are worth and guessing shipping tires might be a pain.....not sure it's worth the effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You can always talk to the guys at the tire store to see how they advise shipping them if you're so inclined.

I'm just suggesting things you can do. You can do whatever you want to do with them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor