Parts flipping must be a sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Hey, at least he can deduct the $70 initial investment from his profits for 2022 taxes which will show up on his 1099-K next year.

I think it hasn't hit people just yet. I want to see the crying and surprised looks when it does.
That is why I have no desire to buy anything and sold off what extra I had last year. It'll get more ridiculous too.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That sold for $285, a $207.48 profit before Ebay fees. Flipping parts might be good but was the buyer a rube that missed out on it originally when it was a "Buy It Now" listing?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That sold for $285, a $207.48 profit before Ebay fees. Flipping parts might be good but was the buyer a rube that missed out on it originally when it was a "Buy It Now" listing?
The world may never know. I'm thinking with the availability of the "restoration service" now is that whatever it is that is flaking out on these units can be relatively easily fixed by an electronics person. Maybe as simple as a resistor or too hot of a solder joint that came loose. Who knows? But I know one thing, if one of mine conks out, I have new ones on hand. But, if I need to, I'll send in the conked out ones and get them repaired. $50 is much cheaper than trying to find a replacement. Especially for $285.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
I was driving on the loop parkway and put in a $280 bid with ten seconds left just for ghits and siggles. I apologize to the person who put their max bid above it lol. I would have been both happy and sad if i won it. And kick myself for not seeing it originally listed at the first price.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was driving on the loop parkway and put in a $280 bid with ten seconds left just for ghits and siggles. I apologize to the person who put their max bid above it lol. I would have been both happy and sad if i won it. And kick myself for not seeing it originally listed at the first price.
Send yours in to get fixed for $50. Even if it can't be fixed, you won't know unless you try. Can't be any worse off.

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Send yours in to get fixed for $50. Even if it can't be fixed, you won't know unless you try. Can't be any worse off.
The circuit board isnt the problem its the plastic part that retains the washer pump. That part broke. If you know someone that can fix that im all in.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
The circuit board isnt the problem its the plastic part that retains the washer pump. That part broke. If you know someone that can fix that im all in.
If you’re savvy, the boards are held in by 4 (might be 5 can’t remember) plastic posts, you could carefully shave or grind off the melted plastic holding the board in and swap it to another cover with a bad board after you drill holes into the posts for sheet metal screws.

Non delay wiper boards may have those posts, I’m not sure.

Reactions: 1 user

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
If you’re savvy, the boards are held in by 4 (might be 5 can’t remember) plastic posts, you could carefully shave or grind off the melted plastic holding the board in and swap it to another cover with a bad board after you drill holes into the posts for sheet metal screws.

Non delay wiper boards may have those posts, I’m not sure.
I could certainly do that if i had one with a busted board. If anyone has one that isnt $285 bucks im interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor