Pictures of A/C mounts and brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesnotenough

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2009
Outside Philly
Can anyone send me pictures of all the bracketes and mounts for an oldsmobile V8 with Air Conditioning . I got a 1972 350 with a GBody air conditioning unit on it. It was bolted on when i got it and I didnt even know that the ac units were interchangeable between 72 and 86. Has anybody ever heared of this before?

onesnotenough said:
Can anyone send me pictures of all the bracketes and mounts for an oldsmobile V8 with Air Conditioning . I got a 1972 350 with a GBody air conditioning unit on it. It was bolted on when i got it and I didnt even know that the ac units were interchangeable between 72 and 86. Has anybody ever heared of this before?

If by "G-body" A/C unit you mean the "pancake" R4 compressor used on all the 1980-1990 307 motors, then yes, it bolts on so long as you use the 307 brackets. If you plan to go back to the large A6 compressor originally used on the 350 (and all Olds motors from 1964 to about 1980) they you need the appropriate brackets for that one. All small block Olds motors are externally identical, so the brackets from one will bolt to another.

Yeah i figured it would work considering i got the engine with it working, i am wondering if anybody has pictures so i can put it all back together

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor