Pinion Angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Does anybody know what the stock pinion angle is? 8.5" w/ 200-4r

Also what angle would you recommend for cruiser/street car w/ occasional track trips? -1, -2...etc

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Here's the condensed version…..ideally you want a 0 degree angle when the vehicle is going down the road. Racers often sent the pinion on the rear end down about 3 degrees as under acceleration the pinion tries to climb the ring gear and the nose will rise (hopefully back to 0 degrees).

Personally I normally try to set mine at 0 to 1 degree down.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Nobody else has any pinion angle input?? Please I need feedback :bump:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i don't remember exact numbers, but a 4link requires VERY little angle. so go with 1-2*

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Where is a good spot to measure from...should I disconnect driveshaft?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
pinion angle is all about the driveshaft. IIRC you measure 2 points. the pinion section of the axle housing, and the tail shaft of the transmission. the car must be on the wheels and at ride height. you should also check the horizontal angles, however i do not know what they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor