PLZ HELP (VERY WEIRD PROBLEM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRP84

n00b
Aug 31, 2010
last night my headlight become flashing and when i apply brake (brake light come on) the radio cut and power (at the gauge) go down momently

now i go no headlight (ps: my high/low beam swicth broke too) only parking and my interior light go on when i push the lighter in the hole (wtf)

i think its all the same problem but wath is it

1984 grand-prix LE 1984 305 4bbl

THX ALOT

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
Something melted. I had an old full-size Blazer that did this. There was a ribbon of wiring going up to the turn signal lever and they had all melted together. Grounded and melted others.

78_oldcruiser

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2010
Seven Springs NC
Crossbreed said:
Something melted. I had an old full-size Blazer that did this. There was a ribbon of wiring going up to the turn signal lever and they had all melted together. Grounded and melted others.

i second that. on mine the problem was my hi/low beem switch melted, my int lights still dont work lol either somehow you managed to pinch a wire enough to open it up to ground 1 or as crossbreed said you have a melted wire thats grounded and melted others

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
If you happened to change a tail light recently, it might be your problem. I had the wrong bulb in mine and it caused all kinds of weird problems. If you haven't changed anything recently, it will be a lot harder to fix than a bulb. Start with what the others said and look for damaged/burnt wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor