Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If they cost the same new for a comparable machine, would you own a Mac or a PC and why? Also (Not on poll) Laptop or Desktop and why?

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
PC (Laptop)

I don't like how mac is starting to take over the world. You have to run all their programs and that bullshit. Then when something new comes out your computer is a waste. I won't get one till i am forced to

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i prefer to use a computer to a toy. the only thing a mac is good for is artistic stuff. graphic design, photo editing, music storage etc. i have used macs since 84, pc's since 82, and can't stand macs. although their OP system was used to make windows.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Lol.. yep the mac is just a glorified etch-a-sketch and lite-brite all in one.. :lol:

It's a personal preference really. They both can do exactly the same thing.. if you like spam, viruses and a non-intuitive interface than a PC will do just fine.

Mac's aren't taking over the world, just their ipods and iphones and all that crap.. I still use an old G4 as my print server. Anyone who does graphics uses a Mac and most video and music professionals do as well.

My wife has her PC for myspace and that junk and I have clean the spam and spyware off of it constantly.. oh yea and our Nortons software needs updating.. wonder if they are in bed with Microsoft?? nahh!!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
.. yep the mac is just a glorified etch-a-sketch and lite-brite all in one..
you forgot music player. :lol:
i actually have this discussion a bit because my brother is also a pc user but his fiance is a photographer and so uses a mac. the reason theres more viruses and spyware for a pc is simply because theres more of them. it's like finding car parts. anybody can find cheap parts for their camaro but it's alot harder for the g-bodies. i've been looking at a cowl induction hood and they're twice as much for the monte ss as for a camaro.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Tony_SS said:
Nortons software needs updating.. wonder if they are in bed with Microsoft?? nahh!!
Thats your problem, the first thing you need to do is loose Norton. As far as Mac vs. PC I'd have to give my vote to PC, I've been using them all my life and I still think Mac's are more complecated. Although Windows is starting to ruin the PC! :(

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I prefer the PC myself. More applications available, easier to trade used parts and software with others who have upgraded, and more people know how to use them. I tried using an iMac laptop a few months ago and hated it. I found it more difficult to use than my PC laptop. The lack of a second mouse key (rt click) drove me nuts. On the other hand, Mac's are probably the best looking computers out there. Apple has the whole style thing down better than anyone else in the computer industry. I just got my sister's old iPod Mini and will say that it has a great user interface and I like the way it looks too.

Parts like memory are also easier to change and upgrade on a PC than a Mac as it seems Apple is bent on planned obsolescence and they are pretty much "What you see is what you get". I admit I may be wrong on this, but it is just my general impression. I just never see memory being sold on sale for a Mac like you do for a PC. My laptop, for example, came with 1 GB of ram but can take up to 4GB.

So, for me, it's a PC laptop running Vista. I don't use security software and configure my startup programs so that almost nothing is running in the background. Security software slows it down all the time while a virus or worm only slows it down when you get it. If you get one, it's time to reformat and reload. So long as you keep backups of vital data you are fine.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Guess I'll remain the one and only Mac vote.. :lol:

C'mon the Mac's a toy, how can it be difficult to use? haha.. There are plenty of apps available too.

It's easy to add memory on the towers. No screwdriver needed, just unfold the side door and it's all there. The system designs for Mac have come along way and that's always been one of the draws, it comes in a fashionable container...hehe.. My old OS9 G4 Mac is still running strong, and it's still upgradeable, just not feasible to do so on such an old cpu.

Of course new Mac's aren't cheap - that's why I bought a used one, all decked out with software and go fast goodies, for a fraction of the price. Craigslist is a great place to pick up a used Mac.

Reformat and reload ------ whats that???? :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor