posi traction rear end from a mc ss

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcut86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2009
Will a posi traction rear end from a 86 Monte Carlo ss fit on my 86 cutlass supreme? And If so is 250 to much to pay for it? Last question, Around how much will it cost to get put in?

Complete rear end? Or just the guts? If it is complete axle to axle snatch it up and bolt it in. If you have to swap the ring and pinion over you would be better off buying new gears and a posi unit and have it professionally set up..

I paid 200$ for a rear out of an 86' monte ss cause the guy tried to put it in a 59' el camino, so he just wanted his money back for what he paid for it. They typically come with the auburn posi and 3.73's. I just bolted the thing right in but about 4 months later I chipped a pinion tooth. So I had a Yukon ring and pinion put in. I put the rear end in myself since I've got the tools to do it. I paid about 200-300$ to have a reputable builder go through it and check it to make sure the seals, bearings, etc. were all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor