CUTLASS Power seat switch chrome cover removal

RotaryLvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 22, 2022
I have a 1984 Cutlass H/O and certainly have learned a great deal when it comes to the seats. My driver seat needed to come out for upholstery repair ad I learned a great deal from youtube and reading on line. That said, when I finally removed my seat, I broke the toggle from the power seat switch. I first bought another one on ebay and of coursethen found several other chrome ones in the pick a part.

My question is whether the chrome piece can be removed from the switch itself since my chrome piece is much nicer than any of the other chrome switches I found or got from ebay. It looks straight forward, but is not. There's something holding it in and I don't want to damage the chrome piece any more than I might by forcing the plastic off around the switch part...or so I'm thinking.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor