Project "Gold Rush" '78 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
Made some progress on Gold Rush this week. My dad spent a whole day getting headers to fit Thursday and today him and I put the serpentine set up on it, carburator, got gauges hooked up. Wasted alot of time with 4 trips back and forth to parts house for one belt. We ordered set up and belts but only recieved 1 so other one was trial and error. Got electric cut outs and fuel pump and lines then a little suspension work left. We have it registered for Octobers Crusin' the Coast. So that is why I call it project "Gold Rush" since we registered it before we had the motor in it so now we have to get it done!

Here are a few pictures:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    749.7 KB · Views: 1,467
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    588.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 1,496
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    878.7 KB · Views: 1,451
1979ratrod said:
looks awesome! how did you do the chevy bowtie on the dash?

We picked the car up without a motor so everything else was done. It is a thin piece of wood is what they made it out of. We are getting a new dash sometime in the next week or two for it, that was the worst thing on the car. The car was a craigslist find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor