puting gp fender bracing in a cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth_358

Apprentice
Feb 6, 2008
rosemount, mn
so i got a set of gp bracing and found i had 2 pieces that wouldnt work the way they were. Also i was sick of the little coat hanger fender connectors so i modified some gp bars to work in place of them.:wtf:
i didnt think to get the camera until i smashed the ends already..
enjoy

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture014.jpg

.75 od vs .22 ish od of the originals

Picture017.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

smush flat with a hammer

Picture011.jpg

Picture019.jpg

made sure it fits

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture024.jpg

shaped the ends to look more factory

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture030.jpg

driver side

Picture032.jpg

Picture035.jpg

pass side

basically i just think they look way better, and probably help out a little bit in the stiffness

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
I also did this on my Cutty only I didn't smash the end I just moved a mounting point. I dunno which idea I like better just different. I think these bars look a lot more appropriate for under the hood of a performance car.

smooth_358

Apprentice
Feb 6, 2008
rosemount, mn
the thing that effected the ride the most was the frame horn connector, i think it all should be pretty good once i get the f41 swaybars in there to compliment it all, as well as seat bracing and rear frame horns connected together

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
hmmm im going to take on such a task...only im going to make mine out of square stock.. looks good aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor