Pypes x pipe ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
www.cardomain.com
I got my Pypes x pipes yerterday from Summit, and before i try to jump into this exhaust stuff do any of you guys have any pics and or advise on installing something. I also have Borla Pro XS that are offset\center. Will this be a difficult job to do myself,a simple job, or something that i should take to an exhaust shop. Here's what i have.
1274900578440.jpg

1274900509545.jpg

1274900532669.jpg

Thanks in advance for any input.

personally i like having welded joints instead of those clamps for my exhaust. i would take it to a shop to have them weld it up. i just remove the old exhaust so they dont charge so much and since u got the pipe all they got to do is mount it and run from mufflers back. shouldnt cost to much. depending on ur headers. shortys or long tubes u might have to take the collars off the stock exhaust. at least if u have shortys u do. the shop i use charges me 150 to run true duals. i remove stock exhaust and provide my own mufflers. so that is for the pipe. welding and bending. so im sure urs would be way cheaper than that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that i have long tube Flowtech headers. I will not be using the clamps either it will all be welded together. Does anyone have any pics of there Pypes x-pipe installed?

If it's getting put on at a shop it shouldn't be a problem but you will most likely need some extra length of pipe coming off your headers. Otherwise it will be sitting to far forward.

The job will be easy. I have long tube headers with pypes collectors and whole pypes 2.5" system with x-pipe. Put it all in myself with hooker areochamber mufflers.

I put a full Pypes system in too by myself, car sitting maybe 18" off the ground. Wasn't fun, but I managed. The Pypes mufflers that typically come with the full system that uses the x-pipe you have are also offset/center. If those mufflers are a turbo style it'll probably be pretty quiet.

jrm81bu said:
If it's getting put on at a shop it shouldn't be a problem but you will most likely need some extra length of pipe coming off your headers. Otherwise it will be sitting to far forward.

That's exactaly what happen to me when i tried to mock it up, but i was trying to use to muffler hangers from a previous setup with cats, daul exhaust and flowmaster mufflers. By using those hangers with the borla mufflers and the pypes x-pipe, there was way too far from my headers. So that's where i'm at right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor