Radiator to firewall braces

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't find answer

I bought a set of the braces from radiator to firewall one is curved and my firewall does not have the holes and also unless I am missing something they also hit my emission hoses under the hood these re going on an 86 cutlass V8 stock 307 any help with install pics would be best

Thanks in advance for any advice and help

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
the curved one goes on the passenger side and the dimples for the holes at firewall should be present as well. there is a sticky about frames braces that illustrates this.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Lots of info here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8126#.UUfLtHniETA

You may have fitment and clearance issues since those braces were originally used on early Monte Carlos that had SBCs in them and you have an Olds. I put them on my '79 Cutlass and they fit great, but again -- SBC. I bolted up the core support end and marked the firewall. There were no dimples to be found on my car like i had heard and read. I also needed to drop the wiper linkage to slip the stud into the underside of the firewall. Looks like this:
003-55.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor