rally guage swap problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-BUDDY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
THIBADAUX LA.
ok i just swaped out me speedo for a rally pac.did every thing to the book now when the car is off.the rpm gauge moves to about 1x when i turn the key on it goes to zero :x and my battery gauge sits on 8 while running..this my first swap so aney info will help 😢

check the pins in the back of the dash that contact the new gauges make sure they are all making contact. sometimes you have to bend the tangs out a little so they make better contact......sounds like a grounding issue to me.....make sure the printed circuit doesn't have any cuts or breaks in it either that is another common problem.

fodoimp said:
check the pins in the back of the dash that contact the new gauges make sure they are all making contact. sometimes you have to bend the tangs out a little so they make better contact......sounds like a grounding issue to me.....make sure the printed circuit doesn't have any cuts or breaks in it either that is another common problem.
WHEN I FIRST PUT IT IN CAR CRUNK UP FINE AFTER ABOUT 3 CRANKS BATTERY WAS DEAD 😢 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor