RAWDOGG - 84 Grand Prix "Pro Touring" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

Well said, cutlassguy! Haters suck!

Update, I have had the tank replaced with a new GrandNational baffled fuel tank, a new in-tank AC Delco fuel pump good for upto 60 psi (I only need 50psi and my fuel rail regulates pressure) and in tank sending unit. Now the car is in my GARAGE, as I have moved out of my basement apartment and renting a house with my girlfriend.

Also the other problem was that it would get flooded, if it stalled out -- she wouldn't start worth a sh*t. The spark plugs would get fuel soaked and had to be replaced, which costs about $112 for a set of 8 spark plugs. We dialed down the gas input WAY down (it was running rich) and it seems to run better, and the air/fuel ratio gauge is in the green.

With the mods/fixes, it runs a lot better now, the throttle response is good!

Just waiting for the weather to warm up, to put the finishing touches on the interior:

To Do:

Finish and install center console
Finish and install new custom door panels
Wire up the power mirror wires to the power mirror switch
Finish the subwoofer install in the trunk with new custom enclosure.

She will get dynoed and do some burnout videos as well.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

your build is simply amazing! not really my taste as far as the body lines, but I can appreciate what you've done and continue to do... your car is starting to really grow on me. You continue to inspire me. now get back to work and finish this baby up!

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011

my bad 454, i never realized this had 11 pages of comments and i only read up to the second before i commented...a lil late :blam: :rofl:

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi

First of all been following your car for a long time ,im on my fourth gp now and i believe im keeping it white wondering if you took yours to bare metal of just sanded out the bad spots ? Im finishing up a degree in auto body and collision but wanted to get some feed back for some guys who have done it .

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Well Grandprixpaul, there really weren't any bad spots. 2 cars were put together to make this one. GP #1 had a solid body all around, but the frame was rotted. GP #2 had a solid frame, and was a t-top car with vinyl roof. Not all panels were taken to bare metal.

Here is the link to the bodywork progress.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Whoa just read through the whole thread kinda made me Sad at how people trolled this guy. The car is soo sick ? good job 454 wish my ride was that sweet :D i see your from Ontario aswell where abouts im located in Oshawa do u go to any meets or shows id love to see this beast.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
YGspider said:
Whoa just read through the whole thread kinda made me Sad at how people trolled this guy. The car is soo sick ? good job 454 wish my ride was that sweet :D i see your from Ontario aswell where abouts im located in Oshawa do u go to any meets or shows id love to see this beast.
Thanks for the comments. Currently in Guelph, but moving to Mount Forest for July. Gonna go to my first ever car show there, July 21st.
Yeah the trolling. I don't understand why the mods or admins can't just delete the trolling stupidity based comments on my thread here. I could delete all my posts (on my own thread) and start another one all over again from scratch. But I really don't feel like doing that. If I delete my posts in this thread, I won't be doing another thread.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Just start a new thread on your car. I would like to know updates on it and how things are working out with your fuel system. If you have made any test n tune passes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor