Regal rolling when in park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
So i was changing out the motor and tansmission mount on the regal, and when i got done i took it for a drive. Everything worked alright until i went into park, and it kept rolling, and making a popping noise. I assume its something to do with the linkage, but i have no idea on how to adjust it.

Also does anybody know what the torque specs are on the motor and transmission mounts? The book isnt very clear about them.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
the noise you hear is the parking pawl not completely engaged i don't know what your set up is so i can't help you with the adjustment... if it is a column shifter the thing to do is{block the wheels] loosen the 13mm bolt at the bottom of the column, crawl under the car and make sure the trans lever is all the way in park, now take all the slack out of the rod and tighten the 13mm bolt that should do it.. i hope this helps let me know..........jesse

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
after looking at the diagram on the optional tach thread it looks like you make the ajustment on the trans end :oops:

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
No worries, as i havent done anything yet. :lol:

If you have any suggestions though still. id like to hear them.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you should be able to just jack up the front, loosen the bolt on the trans linkage, push the linkage into park, tighten down the bolt and be good.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
megaladon6 said:
you should be able to just jack up the front, loosen the bolt on the trans linkage, push the linkage into park, tighten down the bolt and be good.

Which bolt is it? The one on the transmission?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
actually i was picturing the cable version in my head. DOH!! if you follow the rod from the steering column down. it should connect to a cross rod. you should have a bolt that holds the vertical rod in place. use that to adjust it.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Ok, im pretty sure i know what your talking about. The area in red is what your talking about.

But to give people an idea of what im looking at heres a couple of pics. I highlighted the blue area just incase of anything else and could use it to help.

0000004bv3.jpg

0000005pl0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor