Regal ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

86regal

n00b
Apr 10, 2006
Lexington SC
I was just wondering some basic info for an 86 Regal. Such as the bolt pattern for the wheels. What size tires and rims are standard, and whats the biggest I can fit. Is there a way to get the car to sit a little higher. It sags pretty much all around. I am also looking for the bumper fillers for the front and rear if anyone knows any places to get em fairly cheap. Thanks DJ

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Wheels are 5 bolt 4.75 pattern. The max backspacing you will want to run will be 4 inches or maybey it i 4.5 I can't remember for sure.

You might try http://www.gbodyparts.com and they will have the bumper fillers but grab on to something before you ask the price!

Randy

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For wheels, 4.75x5 is the bolt pattern, 3.5" BS. for the stock 14x6 wheel. However, I've heard up to 4.25" fitting with a small spacer. As far as fixing the sag, Moog makes a number of coil springs that could replace yours. A common set up, that I just bought for my 84 Cutlass is Moog number 5660 (front, I believe from an IROC), and CC627 for the rear. The cargo coils should raise the rear anywhere from nothing at all to 3/4-1", and the 5660, should drop the front about a 1/4 inch. 5660s were aobut $80 US, and I got the rears for $140 CDN. I assume you could run a 17" wheel with minimal problems, The widest tire I've seen is a 295. But I bet they rub, 275 would probably be what you want as far as widest. IMO.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Yeah, we spoke of this other places; I think we came up with a 275 being the widest tires that will still stay within the wheelwell. Although its real close (on mine anyway).

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
I have the same springs as Betsy84, I also have KTB gas-a-just shocks. I'm running 255/60/15 in the back and 235/60/15 in the front and personally the stance looks pretty good. Not sure exactly what the maximum size is, but like it's been stated, theres a few places to find that on this forum

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor