regal wheel and lug spacing questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthstryker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2007
hey guys. i was just looking at some cheap wheels for now and i was wondering what the lug nut pattern on 85 regals is. i found some replica bmw wheels with a 5x120mm. is the 120 mm the same as the 4.75? is the regal a 4.75 too? would they happen to fit?

here is a link to the wheels, they are the first 2.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com...bmw-3-18.shtml

and i will be eventually bolting up my a-body 12 bolt to the car.

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Your Regal's pattern is 4.75" on 5 lugs. The metric equivalent to the 4.75" is 120.65mm, not 120mm like on the BMW.

It doesn't sound like much difference, but I would think long term it could be harmful as far as the lug nuts being properly torqued.

I may be way off base, anyone else have any thoughts?

muthstryker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2007
over at PT.com, there are a few chevelles, and a fire bird that are running the bmw replica wheels. i will ask them what they did.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
i have never seen a set of bmw wheels on a g body but i think the actual metric bolt pattern is 5x120.65 so thats .65 of a mm . i put some 18s on my girls 03 regal the metric bolt pattern is 5x115 . the rims came off my boys 96 chrysler his bolt pattern is 5x114.3 so thats .7 of a mm difference and they were on there all last summer and the last 2 months this year not one problem . so its your call the back space may not be right if you use spacers make sure you get longer lug studs they will break if you space the stock ones too far . ihave personally seen it happen with a set of 14 inch knock offs on a astro van . that was funny first the front broke then like 1 minute later the back broke after setting it down. :rofl:

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
.65mm diameter difference is only .325mm difference from center hub to wheel stud. Its not right but is closer than some of the factory tolerances that we have all seen before. I've also seen and known a couple people put BMW wheels on a Monte with no prob. Except for their checkbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor