Removing Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
i have to replace my dash pad and i would greatly appreciate a explaination of how to do it or at least ANY tips or tricks. its pissin me off :blam:

ya need to get a haynes or chiltons manual. or buy me a 6pack and a pizza and let me do it. :lol:

i can use alldata at school but i figured it'd be simple enough without it. i'd buy you a six pack but i'm underage sorry haha

BeerMonkey,
Hell, I'd buy you a KEG and FIVE dozen wings to come and change mine out........🙁

the funny part is, i like working for pizza and beer. i musta fix half a dozen cars for that when i was in the army. and that was the mechanic's cars :lol:
oh, and sorry i dont like driving to NY any more. i had to do that trip, fort drum to chicago and back, about 3 or 4 times. its not a fun 14 hour trip by yerself. no thanx to 740+ miles. :blam:

In order...
Remove everything on the cluster, take off the four 10mm nuts
Remove radio faceplate, radio, and unbolt heater controls from radio
Remove 10 or 13mm silver bolt that is on a silver bracket
Remove kick panels (pop off)
Look underneath and again you will see a 10 or 13mm (I can't rememeber what size) bolt on each side, I know one holds a ground, possibly both, it's been a couple minutes
Then take out the 7mm screws, there are two in each defroster opening
And then that really should be it, pull back on the dash with a helper and have one person hold it while you disconnect the various things (foot lights, speakers, etc.) that are behind it

Bag and mark all your nuts and bolts. Label any connectors you disconnect. And draw lil diagrams as you go if needed. I took out my donor cars dash already, but I'm not looking foreward to putting it in.

Blake442 said:
Go to the junkyard and take one out for practice, that way it doesn't matter if you break anything.

Yes! and just leave it in the back seat or trunk, that way us scavengers don't have to fight the dash in order to get the ventilation ducts that some of us may have thrown away because of stupidity :roll: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor