Replacement SBC valve covers.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I was replacing the valve cover gaskets on my 305 and discovered the passenger side cover is partly rusted out in the middle of the flange on the side facing the exhast manifold. Moreover, I would like to get replacement valve covers that are compatible with the stock PCV system. Also not looking at spending big bucks on fancy valve covers. I see RPC makes stock replacements with baffled breather openings on both sides similar to stock. Anyone have any experience with RPC or other stock style replacement valve covers?

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Summit or Jegs doesn't have basic valve covers? also, no junkyard close by?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Summit or Jegs doesn't have basic valve covers? also, no junkyard close by?

Many of the store brand valve covers only have a single breather opening. I need a pair with two breather openings, one on each cover like the stockers. Speedway has a set with all the openings I need but they only have them in chrome. Rather would have black but I don't think I can get much cheaper.

Local yards are pretty slim for anything 80's now. Even 3rd Gens are rare in the yards now. Plus my area has salty winters so a high chance that any JY covers I find will be pretty crusty.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Many of the store brand valve covers only have a single breather opening. I need a pair with two breather openings, one on each cover like the stockers. Speedway has a set with all the openings I need but they only have them in chrome. Rather would have black but I don't think I can get much cheaper.

Local yards are pretty slim for anything 80's now. Even 3rd Gens are rare in the yards now. Plus my area has salty winters so a high chance that any JY covers I find will be pretty crusty.
Spectre has/had a set that would have all the OE needed holes.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Spectre has/had a set that would have all the OE needed holes.

I see Pepboys has them for $20, not too bad of a hit in the wallet.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Maybe these? Breather on each, and twist-in oil cap...and look OE

Available in black or raw also

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor