S10 dash in Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Tell me what you think, the steering column is off by about 1"- 1 1/2" and it is about 2 1/2" shorter than the original dash. If i dont use this im going to make a custom fiberglass dash.
PICT0027.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
It's different, that's for sure. Actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. I kind of like it... be interesting to see what it looks like when everything's all together!

AJ

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I would not use it because it is going to be uncomfortable to drive. The offset of the wheel will not allow you to sit straight, and the slight twist in your back and shoulders will cause discomfort over time. I had a similar situation in a car I put non-stock seats in. I could never get comfortable because they were not centered to the wheel.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
It doesnt look bad. but it looks a little too tall or something for me. i dunno. doesn't flow very well. If you have the ability to fiberglass your own. i would not waste my time on anything else

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The biggest issue I see with the dash you showed is that you will never be able to read the gauges. The glare will blind you as you have no roof. Ditto for the radio. I am not saying not to do it, just to think about some of the practical issues you will face when using the car when you design it. I don't really like G body dashes myself as I think they are not planned well, and the radio and A/C control positions are not good. The reach is too long for the driver, as the driver should be able to touch all of the controls without having their back leave the seat, and preferably with their arm still slightly bent at the elbow. That way, you can still be comfortable while playing with the radio. I would also use centrally located cup holders, maybe in the console, as the position they have in the S-10 dash is not good, and the holders are too shallow to work while going around a corner, or braking without knocking the beverage on the floor.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Theres not many dashes i love id design my own and make it out of fiberglass with some brushed aluminum or stainless for trim give it a little warm metal feel.Since you have no roof you may want to set the gauges back in the dash some so you can see them in the day time.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Well if i do them like my friends truck (the pink one) I shouldnt have any issues with seeing the gauges, as for the radio, cup holders, etc. all that will be located in the console close to the seats.I pretty much am going to do the fiberglass dash as i want something unique since that car is becoming unique and if i get caught in any rain it will not be too big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor