Seatbelt buckle backwards? (seatbelt twisted)

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
My drivers seatbelt isn't right... it's always twisted over my lap (yes, I wear a seatbelt). Today I decided to investigate & fix. See the image below. It seems that the buckle is backwards on the drivers side. I compared it to the passenger side and it's opposite.

1 - can somebody tell me how yours is oriented?
2 - I think I can open the metal buckle and flip it, but before I wreck it, is there a right way to do it?

Thanks...

seatbelt.png

You'll need to fold the web at a 45 and pull the buckle like hell to force it over the double layer to get it back to the right side, Opening it will not let you flip it. as it is captive to the buckle assembly.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
You'll need to fold the web at a 45 and pull the buckle like hell to force it over the double layer to get it back to the right side, Opening it will not let you flip it. as it is captive to the buckle assembly.
That did it. It was a fight but since I had it disconnected at the floor I was able to pull it outside of the car & really work it. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor