Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I just received a set of transmission lines and a rear brake line from Inline Tube. The sales agent knew my car from the 3000+ models in their pattern library (he said he owns a 80s Grand Prix, and laments how hard it is to find parts...) and was able to confirm the brake line I requested would still fit in the wagon. He was able to sell me the one line that is rusted, rather than the whole 7-pc kit.

When I opened the box, the trans lines were not mashed down, but clipped together, so there was no guessing which one went where. The long rear brake line had an easy bend in the middle to facilitate it fitting in the shipping box. Both looked totally OEM, and had cleanliness caps installed.

Someone recently vented about paying $60 for a replacement front brake cable, but the one you could have ordered from RockAuto.com for $25 probably did not pay for keeping the skill set in America. This is not a snark - when I can afford to locally source something - and it shows up as a top-quality piece - I don't regret paying a bit more. Plus, I spent 2 hours last weekend hand-bending a custom 40" hard line from my SBC fuel pump to an Edelbrock 1406, around a Camaro serpentine system and a Vortec manifold. This is not in any catalog, and I now appreciate how much effort it takes to build the automated bend pattern!

Attachments

• DSCN5708.JPG
    DSCN5708.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 401
  • DSCN5709.JPG
    DSCN5709.JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Did you happen to get the guys name? Might be handy for those looking to deal with inline in future

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Did you happen to get the guys name? Might be handy for those looking to deal with inline in future
My short-term memory loss fails me again. My perception from talking to him was that his treatment reflects company policy and that you would not need to do any dealing.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
This is great to know. Will be giving them a call in the future to order all new lines for my frame off.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
They offer them in stainless for about $30 more. I'm working on figuring out how to get the long line from the prop valve to the rear axle into the car - hopefully without having to take off the body...

If you need a dual-hump crossmember for a TH350, I have one I'm not going to use.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Here they are installed on the transmission. I had to drop the front sway bar to route them, but only a little tweaking was required to align the tube ends to the transmission fittings. It will be a while until I put in the radiator, so I left them not-quite-torqued so I can wiggle them around a little into the transmission. And a tag on the tube end reminding me that they are loose! No flooding from ATF!!!!

Judgement: Worth $50!:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN5732.JPG
    DSCN5732.JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor