Side to side steering slop

Apr 6, 2024
I,m following the G body susp upgrades from "Hack Job hot rod shop" front end has been completly gone through all joints new springs,shocks ,ect. all tighgt!
She still feels like gumby going down the road! the steering box has no slop, new steering shaft is tight..Steering wheel has 2 in + side to side before engaging the shaft?
Nothing in colum or wheel is loose so I question the 4 bolt tighten ,tilt tear down . Thoughts ???

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Could you please list the items that have been replaced and include the brand/ part numbers used?

Last edited:

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
That's a good question aside from the rag joint area .Take your hand and with car running and in park open hood and turn the steering at the steering shaft back and fourth" jiggle watch and possibly you see if its in the column or something awful like frame cracks can be illuminated if this were an old dodge" van I would say " frame cracked at steerng box.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor