sidemarker cover up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
im gettin ready to get some body work done to my car and wanted to know if anyone has had the front and rear sidemarkers covered up. im thinkin about it and would like to see how it looks.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Side markers on what and where?

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
patmckinneyracing said:
O gotcha. Gotta look at a pick to see what your talking about. Covering them up in what way? With black tint or something?
no the guy thats gonna do the body work said he can cover it up with some fiberglass and bondo and sand it to make it look flush like it was never there.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Are they on the fender or part of the front fiberglass clip? I would leave them along but that's just me. If it is on the fender, why not just cut up a piece of plate and weld it in so then you know it is done right?

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
they are on the fiberglass clip right in front of the whell. but i decided on changing them to some aftermarket universal ones i wanted led but those are to expensive for me. i dont wanna spend 60 bucks on some sidemarkers.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
The side markers are in the front bumper cover are used to actually bolt the bumper cover to the fender. Being the bumper cover is plastic and fiberglass and body filler doesn't like to stick to plastic, I don't think that'd be a good idea.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
x2 i dont think they would look good shaved either

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor