slamin a g body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2010
how can i drop my 85 grand prix from the back so the back bumper could touch the ground i was thinkin about a body drop but i dont know how to do that see i have hydrualics on this car but i would like the back to go way low so it can drag which i ran into 2 problems the gas tank hits first before the bumper hits and now that i got hydros not even tha tank hits how can it go lower with tha hydros and how can i fix tha gas tank problem i was thinkin adding a fuel cell but not any ideas?

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
put a fuel cell in the trunk. shave the spare tire well. and take the hydro out and put bags in with a c notch in the frame. the more you raise the lower the car will go down. put tubs in the truck so you have my room for the tirs. you may never beable to get the bumper to touch when sitting level as the bumper may be higher then your middle of your frame.

Attachments

• DSC02594.JPG
    DSC02594.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,484
  • IMGP4099.jpg
    IMGP4099.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 2,467

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
You don't have to loose your hydraulics, but you may have to use less batteries and raise everything between the frame rails which means you will loose trunk space. When you start talking about body drops or major fabrication you better have some experience or deep pockets. There are a lot of misconceptions about hydraulics, but the can perform just as well as air bags with about the same amount of space.

Check these guys out http://www.hydroholics.net/. They also have a few build threads in the hydraulic section on layitlow.com

SuicidedRegal

Apprentice
Aug 17, 2009
Ohio
The only way around the tank is a fuel cell & you can still notch the frame with hydros. Good luck though like 87 said you better have good fab skills or alot of loot. I'm actually getting ready to notch the frame on Regal to lay frame on 20's.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
why do you want the bumper to touch? why not throw some of theose drag blockthingies back there that spark, thats what the lowrider guys to get the sparks and all of that.... not sure if that was what you are talking about or not? i would hate to see a good g body bumper ruined, those things are not easy to find in good shape anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor