smoothing the steering column question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I was thinking of taking out all of the electrical out of my steering column and having everything controlled from a switch panel, kind of like nascars where ignition and everything is done by switches. Since my car is now topless i wont be needing the wipers, dont need cruise control, all i really need is ignition on, start, highbeam, turn signals. Has anyone attempted this or could tell me what wires do what so i can attempt to do this? Also i need to eliminate the steering wheel lock as it would be keyless at this point. Thanks

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I have the factory service manuals for my Olds, and they are the same in this regard for your car. It's a bit complicated to post here, but maybe we can work some sort of deal because I could use the cruise control system for my car as I want to add it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I have the factory service manuals for my Olds, and they are the same in this regard for your car. It's a bit complicated to post here, but maybe we can work some sort of deal because I could use the cruise control system for my car as I want to add it.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I can take everything off needed to swap it over, i pretty much have all the wiring from everything i removed from the car, such as the a/c, power windows, etc. I just wish someone would come get all this ish out of my garage cause im running out of room.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Rockstar said:
I can take everything off needed to swap it over, i pretty much have all the wiring from everything i removed from the car, such as the a/c, power windows, etc. I just wish someone would come get all this ish out of my garage cause im running out of room.

Well, if you don't want it, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. I want to have all the options and am adding the ones my car did not come with. What do you want for it? I am more than willing to come and pick it up, and can also bring copies of the sections of the diagrams you would need. I have 1985 and 1982 Olds manuals as well as a few more generic diagrams as well. I am lost without them, so I keep as much data as I can! If you are close enough, I'd even be willing to lend a hand every now and then if you need it. Hit me up with a PM and we can set something up.

Oh, what year is the car you are building?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I'll bring the 85 manual then as it would be about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor