So I decided to stop lurking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBlack_HFC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I just bought another g body and since have been lurking the site so I decided to finally make an account and start posting. In the past I've had an 86 Monte Carlo LS and an 84 El Camino. Now I have my hands on an 86 Cutlass 442. It's got a 350sbc, very mild cam, and a whole lot of jerryrigging that I have to fix.

She's in the shop now. I don't know how to do much of the work. I want to learn how to do a lot of the work myself from this one while it has the 350 in it. I want to go big block by next year (probably still Chevy). An electric fan is being put on it right now to get rid of the clutch fan and it's getting a new power steering pump because that went out the moment I pulled the car into my neighborhood. Next step is to fix all the wiring and get all the guagues working because that's bugging the hell outta me.

Plans for the future are BBC, paint, a posi rear end (the previous owners son pulled the rear end out and put a v6' gears on it), the little things here and there. At the end it's going to be a fun little daily driver.

My other daily driver is going to get the 350 out of this car when I get ready to swap the big block. It's a beater Volvo 940. That'd be fun 😉

so..... yeah 🙂

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor