so sad, cutlass build put on hold for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2013
Damnit, took my 02 chevy 2500hd to the exhaust shop today to have a new magnaflow put on it today and got horrible news. One of my manifolds were cracked in half and the other one has a big crack in it. So now I have to put two new manifolds on it and since its tore down that far im going to go ahead and put new plugs and plug wires in it. And to boot 4 of the bolts were broke off in the head so its gonna be more work. Going to end up with a total around $2000. That money was going to go towards my cutlass but not now. Oh well i guess thats how it goes.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Sorry to hear about to unexpected expense, I know the felling I purchased my wifes 2006 a4 and the transmission went out with in 3 weeks. Also sound kinda odd that the manifold bolts broke thats common on old cars/trucks in rusty conditions. In regards to the manifolds might be cheaper to purchase headers, or ebay manifolds.

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
those manifold bolts break all the time remove the manifold you should be to grab them with vise grips. the ones you cant get a hold of use a left handed drill bit and a easy out. Use Pb Blaster

fdcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2013
Yeah its common on the vortec 6.0L for the bolts to break on the manifolds. I have heard of it happening enough to the point that ive started to wonder why GM hasnt done a recall. Thanks for the empathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor