Speaking of Being baller

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2009
Hilton head island, SC / Wilmington, NC
So I've finally started really rebuilding my SS, 6 ****ing months later.

So far i've invested every paycheck, it's been a painful 6 months. But i can finally say i've got something badass.

I'll have some new pics up soon, The new rims are tires are Crager quick 8's, black. With BFG's 225's up front and 255's in the rear. Brake drums totally rebuilt, new ALUMINUM drums and all, yeah aluminum. I didn't even know they made aluminum drums, i couldn't find them online but my friend who races had literally a corner of his garage full of old brake drums, and when we where going through them for scrap i found two aluminum ones that fit my car. Ballin.

Finally got a new Summit Double hump transmission cross member for the 700R4, Ballin.

Pretty much rebuilt the 700R4 for a sh*t-load of those Raptor goodies from transmissioncenter, And a derale Transmission cooler Pan, Ballin.

My motor's finally up to baller status,
I-85 World SR torquer II heads, 64CC, 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust, With alittle machine shop trickery involved.
Comp cams Extreme Energy Hydrualic flat tap cam, .454/.454 and i think 289 Duration. I called comp cams and told them the entire vehicle setup, this is the cam they recomended. And my friend who's got allot of racing experience, And the most baller 410 race motor i've ever seen, told me this Cam was good, Ballin.

Also ordered the Entire valve train to match the cam, and everything to dress the heads, according to the cam. Ballin
(Full roller rockers also, Ballin.)

I forgot what the exact model is but i picked up a used aluminium Edelbrock intake, with a nice little Rise on it, Ballin.

I had an old Holley 650 Double pumper carb i had rebuilt, And ported out alittle for exactly what the cam demands, Ballin.

And my good-old Mallory HEI super 86 series, Ballin.

Also picked up a used 8 quart oil pan, and a new melling Pump.

Oil pan, valve covers, air cleaner, and all the pulleys are going to be powder coated Black. I'm keeping everything under the hood Black to match the car. The valve coverts are what i think are an original pair of aluminum Corvette valve covers. so once i get them powder coated i'll just brush down the corvette logos on the top.

Aluminum 4-core afco racing radiator, and high velocity aluminum water pump, 180 degree thermostat Mr.gasket, I haven't heard good things about this thermostat though?

I haven't bought headers yet but i'm going with a nice set of trickflows, and i'm going to wrap them to keep the heat in the headers. Ballin

I'm going to pickup some exhaust cutouts, cable operated. Ballin (maybe, the 2" exhaust doesn't seem very baller to me.)

Finally got a new windshield, crazy b*tch. I don't what i was thinking, but it wasen't ballin.

New steering columb installed, tilt wheel optional, New ignition with 3 spare keys cut. I picked up the stock radio face plate from another monte at a yard, and modified it to fit the new deck, AND added a USB charger port, and had it painted black at a shop. ****in' Custom ballin.

Picked up a Hotchkis sway bar, because mine was sucking. Ballin
Thats about it for suspension mods, other than that i rebuilt the brakes in the front, new tie-rod ends and what not, made sure everything else is in good condition and cleaned it all up really good.

Still using the stock rearend, with what i'm assuming is 3.73's because doing the wheel turn test is ****ing impossible by yourself. Ballin

Oh, and i finally got all of the symbols for my car, some dickbag stole them all back in SC. I wish i could mount a .22 pistol behind the symbol, so it fires if the symbol is removed.

Anyways, that's my build so far, new pics up soon.

:worthless: not ballin... yet :lol:

That sh*t sounds pretty sick, you gotta put up some pics to flaunt. Its good to see other forum members recognizing and flaunting their awesomeness. The next step is unintentionally getting people all pissed off and riled up. :bump:

3895230121_large.jpg

People have been having problems with the Mr. Gasket 180° t-stat that it opens way too late or way too early. They drill holes in it to provide some flow if it doesn't open in time but that doesn't help much

I'll have some pics of the build step by step soon guys. And right now i have none, but i plan on getting full coverage. Either way, i've said this for along time, and i mean it. Even if my monte got wrapped literally around a telephone pole, i WILL fix it. It's just a matter of time.

I bought my camaro after someone slammed her into something hard on the front end, and rebuilt it, she's finally seeing paint.

No matter what the extent, the sentimental value can't ever be replaced, so i don't EVER give up on my cars.

My mom has a 67 impala SS, before we got it restored, all that was left of the floor was mounts, almost no floor pans, it had to get all new trunk and floor pans, new quarters, a fender, hood, and trunk lid.

Now it's a new shade of blue, new chrome and still the stock 327 rated at 350HP/ 4200RPMS.

I know someone else the same way, they pretty much cut there 76 camaro in HALF with a telephone pole, and now its sitting on all 4 again, rolling chassis at least.

B A L L I N'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor