Speedometer Drive Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Olds442

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Guys, who can tell me what color or tooth count the speedo drive gear is/has on the KZF 200-4r trans? How about how many total speedo teeth? If it matters, this is for the 86 442, but that shouldn't matter. I'm pulling it back out to be fixed and want to make sure the correct gear gets put in and gets my speedo to read correctly again. Thanks to any of you that can answer this!

I think you can get that info at the dealership. They should be able to tell you what combo of drive and driven gear you need.

I'm not exactly sure what the stock transmissions came with, but here is a good calculator to use to get it right.
http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TechInf ... _gears.asp

Don't follow the gear tooth counts on the bottom, go to www.summitracing.com and search, speedometer gears, and then search for the gears that you will need. On my car with both the 215/65/15 and 245/50/16 tires, they were both 8 drive and 23 driven, which are both black.

Thanks guys. From what I've gathered, I need a green 10 tooth drive gear. I'll be calling stealerships tomorrow, as aftermarket they want $55 and GM dealerships want about $30. If anyone knows this is incorrect, please let me know as I plan to order this tomorrow. Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor