Spicy Chips Could Kill You

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
14 year-old dies eating a hot spicy chip. Supposedly.

Story here:

I have one word. Dumbazz. He did it on a dare, and although they haven't got back any cause of death as of yet, they're already trying to link it to the hot chip.

I am an amateur pepper-head. I like spicy foods, although I'm getting old and they don't really like me back. I've eaten habeneros and like some Reaper Squeezin's sauce a few drops at a time on tacos and stuff. If I eat too much of the stuff, my gut lets me know. But one thing I'm smart enough NOT to do is that Paqui Hot Chip Challenge. I believe people that do this are retarded. They warn you 6 different ways to Sunday that it's dangerous, eating it could cause adverse medical conditions, and it's for adults only! Yet people do it anyway, some with their kids!!

Seen one article ask if Paqui has blood on their hands. My answer is no. If you're stupid enough to ignore the warnings and stick your head in a box of scorpions after being told it could be dangerous, then you have to accept the consequences.

Like poison ivy breakouts, people have different tolerance levels to spicy hot foods. If you are not familiar with the Carolina Reaper pepper and the Naga Viper pepper, you can't just walk in with no spicy food experience, eat one out of the blue and expect it won't smack you in the face- with a brick- repeatedly. You can work your way up the tolerance ladder, though. Start off with Texas Pete hot sauce, and then work your way up the Scoville heat scale over time. Even then, the Reaper and Viper peppers seem to break that scale. Momma says those peppers are the Devil!!! In fact, I think those peppers are hotter than the devil's a**hole.

Be careful out there.

1693913347004.png

Should have read the back of the box...
1693913433844.png

Reactions: 1 user

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
14 year-old dies eating a hot spicy chip. Supposedly.

Story here:

I have one word. Dumbazz. He did it on a dare, and although they haven't got back any cause of death as of yet, they're already trying to link it to the hot chip.

I am an amateur pepper-head. I like spicy foods, although I'm getting old and they don't really like me back. I've eaten habeneros and like some Reaper Squeezin's sauce a few drops at a time on tacos and stuff. If I eat too much of the stuff, my gut lets me know. But one thing I'm smart enough NOT to do is that Paqui Hot Chip Challenge. I believe people that do this are retarded. They warn you 6 different ways to Sunday that it's dangerous, eating it could cause adverse medical conditions, and it's for adults only! Yet people do it anyway, some with their kids!!

Seen one article ask if Paqui has blood on their hands. My answer is no. If you're stupid enough to ignore the warnings and stick your head in a box of scorpions after being told it could be dangerous, then you have to accept the consequences.

Like poison ivy breakouts, people have different tolerance levels to spicy hot foods. If you are not familiar with the Carolina Reaper pepper and the Naga Viper pepper, you can't just walk in with no spicy food experience, eat one out of the blue and expect it won't smack you in the face- with a brick- repeatedly. You can work your way up the tolerance ladder, though. Start off with Texas Pete hot sauce, and then work your way up the Scoville heat scale over time. Even then, the Reaper and Viper peppers seem to break that scale. Momma says those peppers are the Devil!!! In fact, I think those peppers are hotter than the devil's a**hole.

Be careful out there.

View attachment 227485

Should have read the back of the box...
View attachment 227486
i been doin that chip last 3 yrs and was prepping to do this year's.... i always buy 1 to eat and 1 to keep as a relic. luckily i got it before this incident but only got 1 so i'm keeping that as a relic, not gonna be able to eat 1 and am pissed. i doubt the chip did this it could be drank too much water or something. this why we can't have lawn darts, gasoline powered pogo sticks or other nice things.

now i don't know bout the whole retard thing in my case. lol i can handle the heat i'll do this for sport and put on my food habanero flakes up to ghost pepper flakes on all my food cuz enjoy it. usually italian type foods i'll use ghost pepper.

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
When you reach my age, your insides will dictate whether you eat the super hot stuff. I developed esophageal ulcers at least in part of super hot stuff, and my doctor recommended I cut out spicy peppers completely. I still do it, but nowhere near like I used to.

You can and do reduce your tolerance to the heat levels so I know that chip would win the challenge if I tried it. Not because I didn’t want to try it. It’s like going into a pro boxing fight with the champ having not trained at all for a few years. Dumb idea. Even Ivan Drago said “You will lose. “

I was only jesting about mental capacities when doing the chip challenge. There are plenty of true pepperheads that can handle it. I know of a guy I used to work with who took my reaper squeezins and spread it on his sandwich like mustard and carried on his conversation while eating it. That much is dangerous to a normal human. He did say “yeah, it was hot “. That was all he said about it. :)

And I do disagree with them pulling it from the shelves. The chip itself isn’t dangerous. It is what it is. It’s people that don’t realize their own tolerance level to the spices, not even close to being able to handle it and ignore the warnings anyway. Again, you can’t survive the challenge if it’s your first time eating hot stuff. Educate yourself.

And anyone trying the challenge, good luck. It is not a lame challenge.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor