stall v. no stall WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
amazing... this is the first aftermarket converter i've had. thing is simply awesome feeling. pretty much stock car, not sure on the diamater of the stall, i know its much more narrow than stock. went from footbraking 1100 to 2500 before it pushed thru the brakes. putting the cam/heads in tomorrow. man i'm jacked up!

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
That's cool. I've never had a stall before either. Hoping to get one next year for my car.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
first car that wasnt my street stock on the oval was an 86 monte with a built turbo 350, shift kit, bulletproof, 2500 stall.

Was way more trans than I needed for the motor I had.

&5 mph in the eigth with 3:08 rears. H/o 305, cam/intake/headers and a carb problem. carter thermal quad, dumped the secondarys too fast and bogged, the carb was junk, I tried everything I could haha.

would break the tires loose shifting at 7200 from first to second haha. fun times, youll enjoy it :D

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Coveted said:
would break the tires loose shifting at 7200 from first to second haha. fun times, youll enjoy it :D

With a 305? Must have been a pretty solid motor. I've never seen a 305 last more than a few hours after seeing 7000 RPM lol.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
got the cam/heads/intake in today. didnt get it buttoned up till after dark so i'll try to get a vid tomorrow. needs new plugs and a couple other odds and ends. feels real good on the street tho. gotta bolt the exhaust up tomorrow, cops gave me some funny looks goin thru town lol. cant wait to get to the track, still have the open rear, may just weld the spiders together... not streetable anyway. havent been fast enough in 3rd to get past the stall. thing must be HUGE lol. i got it used. how can you actually tell what its 'rated' at (like when you buy one)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor