subwoofer box size

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdac33

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2013
Im trying to plan out my stereo system only problem is my car is a hour a way getting painted. Whats the biggest in cubic ft sub box that will fit in a 86 cutlass. The speakers I have are re audio *** 15s they call for 4 cubic ft each speaker. Whats the biggest box you have been able to fit. If I have to tske the whole trunk up and take the back seat off and fire them into the cabin thats fine.

rdac33 said:
Im trying to plan out my stereo system only problem is my car is a hour a way getting painted. Whats the biggest in cubic ft sub box that will fit in a 86 cutlass. The speakers I have are re audio *** 15s they call for 4 cubic ft each speaker. Whats the biggest box you have been able to fit. If I have to tske the whole trunk up and take the back seat off and fire them into the cabin thats fine.

Youtube has a ton some vids on building a box in you trunk its not gbody specific but they have ideas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6McX9b0NmDU

Im not looking for how to make a box im trying to find out how big of a box I can fit in my trunk.

You would probably have better luck fitting the box where the back seat is. I had a bright idea years ago of putting two 18's in the trunk of an 82 Monte Carlo and hated the size that the box had to be. It took up the entire trunk and left no room for amps, battery, etc.
But if you are set on having them in the trunk go check out SteveMeadeDesigns.com. Lots of info there.

It'd have to be over the fuel tank, not under the rear package tray. The box for my 1 12" just fits under the rear package tray. You'd prolly end up having to build the box in front of where the trunk floor raises up.

Suffrn6 do you know how many cubic ft the box was for your 18s in the Montecarlo.

rdac33 said:
Im not looking for how to make a box im trying to find out how big of a box I can fit in my trunk.

Tape Measure will work 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor