Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
UPDATE
I sent a message to their Customer Service. "Order XXXXX received. It appears that the shipping department put a shiny new sticker over the old one on the dirty, opened, restapled bag and shipped it back to me. Sending this and its unopened partner back to you for a refund. I regret that you wasted the postage."
Before I even had a chance to drop the parts in the mail back to them, they wrote back and have already credited me for both ball joints.
Hmmm. I wonder if someone at Summit reads the Forum.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Sucks you're having issues with Summit. They have helped me out a ton. They sent me a new MSD box even though it was beyond the warranty and return period. They have always been A+ with me.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Me too. I love Summit. If things aren't right they have always made them right with me.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If you review the whole thread, it started with my rant about crappy customer service. But they have recovered reasonably well from this fiasco. I will probably buy from Summit again later.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Since were on the subject of summit. FexEx lost my intake i had ordered from them. I know its not summits fault but i paid for 2 day air last friday and it shipped on Saturday well its Wednesday and my tracking info shows N/A. WTF???

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Jacobdavis, call 1800gofedex and talk to a live person. Likely the box got put on a wrong truck or the box got damaged and fedex shipped it back to summit. I've had both happen to me dealing with fedex.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
For small parts, I've recently had unbelievably fast shipping by the Post Office. Two days from Sacramento to Santa Fe vs. four by UPS from Sparks, NV.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I wanna say ive had at least 1,000 packages shipped by fedex in my lifetime. I know seems like alot. With summit being maybe about 50-80 of them give or take and ive had problems in the past but summit is a great service. So is Fedex. But im about to get mad. I called Fedex today about my intake and they deeply apologized and stressed they would have it here TODAY! I know 2 day air apparently means ship Monday morning and still not here Thursday night and Fedex already ran there route. WTF!! I just tried calling again and cant get through so i emailed them.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
To be fair to Summit, I must update my rant. Customer Service emailed me tonight that another refund was credited back to my card. I added up the numbers, and wow, they even reimbursed me for the two times I paid to ship the crappy ball joint back to them. I stand corrected. If you have patience, keep your cool, and use polite manners, they'll go the extra mile and take care of it even during the busiest shipping month of the year.

Thanks, Summit. Expect to see more of my money soon.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
To be fair to Summit, I must update my rant. Customer Service emailed me tonight that another refund was credited back to my card. I added up the numbers, and wow, they even reimbursed me for the two times I paid to ship the crappy ball joint back to them. I stand corrected. If you have patience, keep your cool, and use polite manners, they'll go the extra mile and take care of it even during the busiest shipping month of the year.

Thanks, Summit. Expect to see more of my money soon.
Since this post isn't closed yet, I thought I'd provide more positive feedback for Summit. I placed an order on Wednesday morning for some small bits that were holding up progress, and Summit/Fedex had them sitting on my doorstep by 9 am Saturday! Most excellent! We had family plans on Sunday, so this totally made my day yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor