Super T10 Front Bearing Retainer Options for Hydraulic Throw Out Clearance

Ducs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2019
I am working on installing a Super T10 behind a SBC in my Malibu and I've ran into a bit of an issue. I need about 0.25" more space between my clutch pressure plate fingers and my hydraulic throw out bearing. My setup is:

- two piece main rear SBC
- GM 3973456 N flywheel
- McLeod RST Twin Disc 6911-07
- Howe Throwout Bearing 82870
- 79 F body Super T10

I am wondering if anyone is aware of any differences in extended clearance for throw out bearing in the Richmond Gear Bearing Retainers 1304027010 or 1304027001 ?

or.. Is there an aftermarket flywheel that has the friction surface closer to the engine by about 0.25" as compared to the 3973456 ?

or.....is there an other option to make it all fit the way it should ?

Thanks in advance !!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just tossing this out there, do you have a flat finger or raised finger pressure plate? That needed .25" could be the difference between the two.

Ducs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2019
Just tossing this out there, do you have a flat finger or raised finger pressure plate? That needed .25" could be the difference between the two.
IMG_7605.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor