The Greatest place on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
Whats going on?
I'm a noob to this forum but not a total noob to gbodys.
I raced circle track from the age of 13 - 19
Mainly in a dirt street stock (the deffinition of street stock widely differs)
Basically we ran the stock suspension except for racing springs and shocks no wedge bolts.
We were allowed tunnel height on the passenger side floor, full roll cage, fuel cell we were allowed to basically hang the body on the car (no inner body needed)
350/350 combo limited to stock style mainifolds and a 4412 holly, 390 410 cam and .030 9:1 engines.
Anyways not to blab about that, on to my first road car gbody.

I had an 86 monte carlo it was someone elses project shell i picked up, ss back end, regular monte front end blah blah 3:08 posi no motor no trans.
I ended up putting line lock on it, i had a 305 h/o sitting around and a bunch fo parts, so I rebuilt that threw a big cam in it, hand lapped the valves ported and polished the exaust side of the heads headers with duals into some small mufflers.
It sounded mean and was good to 7000rpm all day.
I had a carb problem (ran out of money and just threw a carter thermal quad on there that had been sitting 20yrs"
Basically we messed with it for 2 hrs and it still dumped the secondaries to fast, it wouldnt adjust out correctly.
turbo 350 rebuilt with a shiftkit and a 2500 stall
I still managed 76mph in the 1/8th with 14 inch narrow tires.

So now you know my gbody backround, now onto my problem.
I live in western Ny which is the Salt belt.
Not only that but were are surrounded by 6 race tracks, which all run some form of street stocks.
So finding a gbody is like striking gold in this area.
After I sold the monte carlo for a stupid reason (lets not go there)
I've kicked myself everyday sense.

Recently I found a 1984 cutlass 307 auto for a song and a dance.
A friend and ex girlfriend of mine had the car and wanted tog et rid of it.
I Made an offer, she drove it to my house and kept her battery.

Anyways I'm not gonna write a book in here you've all already suffered thru my poor spelling enough haha.
Someone point me to the thread where I can make a project / build thread.
Also I'm gonna have a look around to see how many rules ive already broke posting this haha.
Take care.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
welcome to the site.
if you're looking to post continuous updates of the build up i'd probably just post it under the cutlass forum. if you want to do each part seperately, engine, body, suspension, etc, then just use those forums.
either way, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor