They make it look so easy

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
This short YouTube clip caught my attention today because I haven't seen anyone doing it in a very long time. It instantly brought a smile to my face seeing a G Body reach for the sky.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
This short YouTube clip caught my attention today because I haven't seen anyone doing it in a very long time. It instantly brought a smile to my face seeing a G Body reach for the sky.

people way too close to that 3500lbs bouncing. Dude with the height gauge and everybody else within 6 feet.

• Agree

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
people way too close to that 3500lbs bouncing. Dude with the height gauge and everybody else within 6 feet.
I absolutely agree.

Reactions: 1 users

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
I have attended a lot of hops in my day. They can get dicey for sure. I have seen ball joints fail, springs come flying out you name it. I have helped host a few hops...we mandate a decent perimeter, extinguishers in the pit and only allow the car owner, switch man and one or two support people in the pit. Street hops or grudge hops get gnarly and it's kinda a free for all. Lol.

Hopping fail here lol.

Now this one is nuts! Been lowriding since 1996 and never have seen this in real life. The cylinder failed. The car rocketed the cylinder like a missile through the hood...up and out to the stratosphere lol! Now that is a failure!

Last edited:

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I have attended a lot of hops in my day. They can get dicey for sure. I have seen ball joints fail, springs come flying out you name it. I have helped host a few hops...we mandate a decent perimeter, extinguishers in the pit and only allow the car owner, switch man and one or two support people in the pit. Street hops or grudge hops get gnarly and it's kinda a free for all. Lol.

Hopping fail here lol.

Now this one is nuts! Been lowriding since 1996 and never have seen this in real life. The cylinder failed. The car rocketed the cylinder like a missile through the hood...up and out to the stratosphere lol! Now that is a failure!
That's incredible and I'd kind of like to be present for the destruction just one time.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor