to buy or not to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

86buick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2010
stafford ct
my car needs floors,found a 81 regal with what looks to be good floors but the rest of it is no better or worst then my current project. the 81 is a v6 car with vinal top.roof feels like its bubbling under the vinal.trunk lid has surface rust on edge,mine some *ss hat poped the lock with a screw driver :blam: .interior is no good to me,bench seat colum shift. bottoms of doors look like their starting to go(covered with chrome trim. has a good nose on it..header,l&r fenders and hood are good. both bumpers are ng. and @ window is starting to rust. cars been sitting since 02.from 50ft it looks good(no dents and all one color) lady started giving me the line on how the doors are worth money and bla bla bla.i've searched all the local yards for a floor and no one keeps these cars any more..to old im told and i just cant see spending the money they want for new floor pans. im about to offer her 150-200 for it,,,tops and thats if the floors look mint when i go jack this thing up.

sorry for the babble

Weird that a woman would know the doors are worth money.

86buick said:
my car needs floors,found a 81 regal with what looks to be good floors but the rest of it is no better or worst then my current project. the 81 is a v6 car with vinal top.roof feels like its bubbling under the vinal.trunk lid has surface rust on edge,mine some *ss hat poped the lock with a screw driver :blam: .interior is no good to me,bench seat colum shift. bottoms of doors look like their starting to go(covered with chrome trim. has a good nose on it..header,l&r fenders and hood are good. both bumpers are ng. and @ window is starting to rust. cars been sitting since 02.from 50ft it looks good(no dents and all one color) lady started giving me the line on how the doors are worth money and bla bla bla.i've searched all the local yards for a floor and no one keeps these cars any more..to old im told and i just cant see spending the money they want for new floor pans. im about to offer her 150-200 for it,,,tops and thats if the floors look mint when i go jack this thing up.

sorry for the babble
Check with Rich at M&M Speed and Custom. If doesn't have them, he can get them, and cheaper than the "big boys". http://mandmspeed.com/ Or call 1-888-327-0454 .........mickey-d :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor