Track Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Just thought I'd let you guys know I finally made it to the track. My car turned a best of 13.98 @ 98mph. It was the cars (and my) very first trip to the strip, and I hope to get there again soon.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Hey man, thanks alot. :D

I am hoping to squeeze a 13.80 out of it without adding any hard parts. That was on my 275/60 Radial T/As. It can be launched with out a bunch of spinning, but with a drag radial or slick of sorts one could reall give 'er hell; but then I'd be looking at my rear end insides on the outside. :roll:

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
You gotta start thinking about a stronger rear end. It's hard to do a good drag strip launch when you are worried about the rear end puking it's guts out.

Mr 4 Speed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
98 MPH is nothing to sneeze at-NICE job!!
What was your 60 ft?
As long as your 60 ft. doesn't drop into the 1.7's I wouldn't worry too much breakage.
98 MPH is good for 13.50's with something in the high 1.8 to low 1.9 short time.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
HEY MAN, THATS F@#!ING GREAT FOR FIRST TIME!!
im about to take the gutlass for the second time, and i'll s%!T a golden brick if i go in the 13.anything
WANNA TRADE! :lol:
also, like mr. 4 speed said, dont worry about the rear too much, they could take a little more than u think ( just a little :lol: )..

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Now that I am away at school, it looks doubtful I'll make it to the track this year...

I don't know my 60 ft or anything else because the time slip booth was out of service that day. :roll:

I can't wait to actually launch the thing with sticky tires with a good tune. I think that the 98mph trap speed shows its got alot more in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor