train horns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
I got a set up from a company called klienn. Tank is .5 gal cuts off at 120 psi and and there are two horns and both have its own solenoid. There site says there rated at 152 db at 100psi and 154db at 120psi. I'm considering taking it back and getting the horn blaster set up with 2 horns a 2 gallon tank one solenoid cuts off at 145 psi. Witch would be louder.

tmoneymr2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2011
There used to be a late 90's S-10 that cruised our little town on the weekends that had a train horn set-up in the bed off an actual train engine since he worked for the RR. It was probably the coolest thing ever when he would hit that horn and it would echo and reverberate off every building and house in town. Town of 25k people keep in mind there wasn't a sleeping soul in town when he did that.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
your going to take it to get inspected and its going to be in this little closed garage and there gunna be like ok check the horn and that will be the last time they will ever hear again haha

tmoneymr2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2011
1979ratrod said:
your going to take it to get inspected and its going to be in this little closed garage and there gunna be like ok check the horn and that will be the last time they will ever hear again haha

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
PLEASE GET VIDEO EVIDENCE OF THIS.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
thats too bad haha, how dont you have inspection tho? some guy who bought some el camino stuff from me mentioned that new hampshire starting this year wont do inspections on antique cars but i thought it was bs

tmoneymr2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2011
I'm glad I live in NE the closest they get to inspection here is "does it have wheels?" our exhaust laws are the best anywhere to. Only downside if I ever decide to drive my Cutlass into Colorado I'm in a world of hell from their emission laws. Our exhaust statute reads mufflers "OR" catalytic converters must exit at least 2" in front of rear axle to no further than 3" out of rear of vehicle. So pretty much anything your heart desires other that open headers. And most of the police around here if you get caught with open headers will just tell you to lay on the throttle and let 'em wail!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor