transmission swap 350 to a 200-r4

Status
Not open for further replies.

84aLkI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2008
i wanna do a swap on my 84 el camino....i need some help can somebody give me some good info......how difficult is this swap gonna be

you need a TV cable and bracket, crossmember, possibly the frame extensions, and the driveshaft may need to be changed or altered. the easiest thing to do is to find a g-body with the 200-4r at a junkyard and grab the parts from that.
the swap itself should be pretty straight forward.

Your '84 should have the frame extension for a 200-4R crossmember so you should be good there. The driveshaft will not need to be modified. If it's a floor shift car then the shifter, trans pan bracket, shift cable and C-clips are all different as well.

Once you have the parts, it's an easy swap - did this years ago in my '85 SS (someone installed a TH350 in it before I bought it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor