transmission swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinndn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2010
Working on switching out the 265 in my 1980 Lemans. I am replacing it with a 400 out of a 1974 Catalina. Just discovered that I have a Metric 200 transmission. I have a spare TH350 I am going to rebuild and throw under the Lemans. Does anyone know if I am going to have any real issues with it fitting? Will the tail shaft be too long or should it be ok?

there are several different tailshaft lengths for the th350 .... can you advise which one you have or maybe tell us what it's out of? Short tail th350s should be a direct swap for the th200c (3 speed). Same mount/same crossmember.

That should be the 6" tailshaft.

Attachments

• Tranmission%20Length.jpg
    Tranmission%20Length.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 253
So if I am reading this chart right, they should both be 6" therefore no issue. Thanks for your help!

you want to get rid of the th200 3 speed? i no its sh*t but ill give you a small coin for it?

I have no use for the old transmission. I live in eastern Iowa if that helps you out. Im also going to have a Pontiac 265 I am going to get rid of if you know anyone that may be interested. Motor and transmission have less than 50,000 miles on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor