TTop Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPetro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2020
Hello all, this is on my 84 Hurst. I have no idea what type of handle and lock set it is and was hoping someone can recognize what it is. The "lock hole" in the vinyl appears to be of low quality and not Factory. The key holes are both drilled out also.
16822645080743611397689184688303.jpg
16822645080743611397689184688303.jpg

Maybe a dumb question but do you have factory t-tops or C&C t-tops?

Maybe a dumb question but do you have factory t-tops or C&C t-tops?
They are factory. I'm thinking these were some type of retail lock from the 80s maybe sold in Napa or something because I can't find any photos online.

I've never seen locks added to non locking factory t-tops before, but not surprised it was a thing. Interesting....want to keep it that way or find some non modified tops to swap on? Or even if there was a busted (glass) set you could use for parts to return yours back to stock.

Thinking about leaving it and grabbing some vinyl trim to replace these out. The lock part is just screwed on and can easily be removed.
I've never seen locks added to non locking factory t-tops before, but not surprised it was a thing. Interesting....want to keep it that way or find some non modified tops to swap on? Or even if there was a busted (glass) set you could use for parts to return yours back to stock

Reactions: PBGBodyFan
factory ones looked like this... this set is for sale
T-top.jpg

I'll get the part numbers off the back and let you know

Could be "American". I have the 81 t tops in the firebird TA. No longer made. They were aftermarket supplier to dealers and other shops. Factory tops were Fisher Body or Hurst. Even though F Body is different from G Body, I have same trouble with mine as parts are very difficult if not impossible to find.

Found some stock OEM...

Last edited:
Reactions: pagrunt
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor