Turbo 350 Wire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
While searching car-parts, I noticed that there where three selections, which were 1 to 3 wires? What's the difference? What do I have to worry about?

I have a 84 GP with a dying TH-200 and want to install the Turbo 350 to ensure future upgradability and durability.

Thanks

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
wires? there are no wires on a th350 turbo. are you looking at a th350c? because they are lock up trans and have a wiring harness for the converter opp. you need a trans from 65-79 non lock up. The outhers from 80-91 will not last they use a band for second gear engagement and it will not handle much power.

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
I was using car-parts.com to search for a turbo 350. That is where they mentioned all the wires (1 to 3). Found one that was out of a 1983 Cutlass Supreme with a 3.8L, but it seems that they must have replaced it much later due to the bar code found on the transmission.

Universal Housing and less than 80k miles on it for $125 (exchange), but traded in my Chevy Th-200 for it to save a trip (that cost me around $30).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor