turbo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Thats actually pretty cool. Not $425 cool but still cool. It looks easily made and he even goes to the effort to show you the sizes things need to be with his tape measure. I think I know what I'm building next.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
hell yeah thats cool!! Thats the first turbo setup "in production" i've seen.

Why wouldn't that setup fit a smallblock?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
That would be cool and worth the $425 if the "manifolds" were actually cast and looked like a production piece.

However those just look like something someone welded up in the backyard. If your going that route, just buy some Weld Els sold just about anywhere and grab your welder.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
FE3X CLONE said:
That would be cool and worth the $425 if the "manifolds" were actually cast and looked like a production piece.

However those just look like something someone welded up in the backyard. If your going that route, just buy some Weld Els sold just about anywhere and grab your welder.

You had that idea too huh? I know a guy a friend of my brothers that did that... He put an SBC in a second generation Mazda RX7 and made some home grown manifolds out of cheap header flanges he bought out of summit or jegs or something, and some "weld els" from the hardware store and used the turbocharger off of a garbage truck. Ran like crap but once it came on the boost it sure was fast. :rofl:

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
kornball426 said:
FE3X CLONE said:

You had that idea too huh? I know a guy a friend of my brothers that did that... He put an SBC in a second generation Mazda RX7 and made some home grown manifolds out of cheap header flanges he bought out of summit or jegs or something, and some "weld els" from the hardware store and used the turbocharger off of a garbage truck. Ran like crap but once it came on the boost it sure was fast. :rofl:

It probably only took the first 5000 rpm to get to turbo up to rpm so you could feel the boost. :rofl:

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
thats when you need a t25 to spool up the bigger turbo. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor