vacuum reservior routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2014
Goodyear, AZ 85338
I have searched and searched for a schematic for the vacuum routing to and from the vacuum reservoir. any help would be appreciated. any and all details would be appreciated. I bought a vacuum reservoir and a vacuum check valve that were all missing. the more detail the better. please, link to a web site, an actual drawing or just paint a picture with words.

Dude, you want details yet make zero mention of what the heck you have.... :?

It will be different depending on whether your vacuum ball has one or two vacuum inputs. If it is a single input ball, then you have a single line running from full manifold vacuum ( port behind carb on manifold) to the vacuum ball. Insert your check valve in the line just after it leaves the manifold, so the vacuum will be maintained in the ball. Between the check valve and the vacuum ball, use a "T" in the line to feed vacuum to the HVAC components inside the cab ( normally a purple line, running underneath the HVAC housing in the firewall). Use another "T" to feed vacuum to your cruise control ( if you have one).

If you have a dual port ball, one side may already have the check valve built into the ball. Fee vacuum to that port, and then return the vacuum to the HVAC and Cruise from the other side. Youcan use the additional Check Valve you bought as well- it won't hurt.

By the way, if you want to clean up the engine compartment, you can mount the vacuum ball pretty much anywhere. I have mine mounted "Underneath" the battery , on the underside of the inner fender well.

First diagram in this posting might help. I know it's for a Blazer, but they are all pretty much the same. Do a Google search for "Vacuum Ball Diagram" if you want more diagrams

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/4uf85-c ... uting.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor