Value of a 3.42 7.5" Posi Rear End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rIbBaD

Greasemonkey
Apr 10, 2010
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I have for sale a 3.42 7.5" Posi rear end, (Locally), and I was just wondering how much it's worth? It works excellent just pulled it out of my cutty to upgrade. and I have someone who wants to buy it, and asked me how much, but im now really sure how much its worth so I want you guys input before I give him a price. Thanks guys.

Re: Value of a 3.43 7.5" Posi Rear End.

I'd think $150, $250 tops.

And to my knowledge there's no such thing as a 3.43 gear. I think you meant 3.42's.

ok i dont know why but some one told me when i bought my 3.08's that those gears are the highest i could go in a 10 bolt.. with the 2series carrier, i wish i would have done more research cause 3.23 or 3.42 would have been better choice then 3.08 🙁

3.08 is the highest with a 2-series. FE3X is close to what I'd expect at the most. Salvage yards sell them for a little more sometimes... they think they're special just because they're from an "SS".

Cutty1 said:
ok i dont know why but some one told me when i bought my 3.08's that those gears are the highest i could go in a 10 bolt.. with the 2series carrier, i wish i would have done more research cause 3.23 or 3.42 would have been better choice then 3.08 🙁

Thats only true if you are using stock gears, you can put any ratio you want to in a 7.5 if you are willing to buy the gear set or use a spacer ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor