wagon woodworking

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHROMAHOLIC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2009
Ontario, Canada
always wondered what this would look like.....so I did a little woodwork on a couple of pics
P1010007HxAg.jpg

WOODIE-1.jpg

P1010012t.jpg

P1010012Vt.jpg

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
nawwww the black looks wayyy to clean on that car, the only thing that may work would be a dark cherry wood.

204_Dark_Cherry_Wood_Grain.JPG

or
black_wood_l.jpg

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
yeah don't go for wood. now if you could pull off REAL carbon fiber inserts surronded by stainless steel, that would look hot.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I like it.

I think your wagon looks too darn good all black though...

I've been debating for some time now whether or not to woodgrain the sides of my Cutlass once it's painted... I'm still pretty torn as to what to do.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I'll second a desire to see a carbon fiber woodie. I would do it in black carbon fiber panels with a contrasting carbon fiber trim though, and not use aluminum. If you were going for a metal, I would go for titanium instead. Aluminum is not really all that cool anymore.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Sounds like a cool idea. But so did the Segway lol.

But seriously it would look pretty good. But it looks way to good the way it is to hack some cheezy '70s wannabe wood paneling on it.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Beeuteifullll car!

I like the wood ( that just sounds wrong).

Since you got the program and the skills, how about chopping an inch or 2 out of the top.

If you do it, add it to the chop top post here:

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=64250#64250

Bowtiefan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2009
Mt. Vernon, IL
I like the woodgrain on it, but a car that has a seriously slick black paint job on it is just plain beautiful, hands down. Here's my former woodie:

dawood.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor