what balancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetfreak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010
ipswich uk
www.actonhotrod.com
only thing sofar (hillarious now),about 3 years ago at the nasc nat's i just got her spinniing up nicely when BANG!, then a lot of head scratching, only to find the cause, the harmonic balancer had cracked and gone off like a grenade, lucke had it that it only took out the bottom hose, cracked the power steering pump, put two dents in the hood and if you look closely at the inner fender in one of my pics' theres ducktape still over the hole it made there. 😳

rockmartinn24 said:
It is important to keep your tires well maintained and properly mounted and balanced. Wheel balancing allows the tires and wheels to spin without causing any vibrations. Out-of-balance tires will cause a car to vibrate at certain speeds, usually between 50 and 70 mph.

I think you misunderstood. He is talking about his harmonic balancer.

I would have freaked out if I heard all that madness going on under the hood LOL. Thankfully it was only the easily replaceable part that the balancer broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor